Sunday, May 13, 2012

Toys for the Big Boys and More at Nagoya

Rolls-Royce at Toyota Automobile Museum. 1937 Model from United Kingdom

After trying some of the rides at Nagashima amusement park, we headed to the Outlet store located inside the park. I bought 2 pairs of shoes, I got it at more than 50% discount. Addict talaga ako sa shoes! Then we headed to Nagoya City Center to meet my host Toshiko-san.


Some of the shoes that I really like...

Add caption


This one had the best deal from 28,000 yen the price went down to 7000 yen. That's more than 50% discount!

My hosts in Nagoya Toshiko san and her husband brought me to this  restaurant for dinner. As always the presentation of the food is really nice.
So colorful., a little bit of everything 


The following day we left their home around 7:30 am and headed to Nagoya Castle. It was my first time to explore a Japanese castle. From afar it looks small but I was surprised that it was  huge when you are near it.
Near the entrance of Nagoya castle. The sakuras in full bloom enhanced it's beauty.
View of Nagoya from the top most level of the castle


Then we headed to a famous garden in Nagoya. The place was peaceful and relaxing. The sound of the flow of the water was very therapeutic. The pond inside the garden was adorned with colorful and huge carps. 
I had a great time playing with these Coys

The place was so serene.
Our next stop was Toyota City. We reached Toyota Automobile Museum after less than an hour of travel by car. I am not a big fan of museums and I would usually avoid going to these places because I find it boring. But when I was told by my host if I want to visit a car museum, I immediately said YES!


In this museum Japanese, European, and American cars from the 1800s to 1960s are exhibited.

The Race cars...

Like ko to minimalistic lang ang deisgn


Bagay ba?


European/ American cars
Like ko color nito.



Lancia Astura Tipo. A 1936 Italian car

Packard Twelve or the Roosevelt's Car. 1939 model from U.S.A. This was used by Roosevelt as his presidential vehicle.

Bloody Red! For sure stand out ito sa kalye. 

Mercedez Benz 300 SL. A 1955 German Car
 Japanese cars... Note that it is smaller when compared with the European/American cars. Very fuel efficient



Fujicabin Model 5A. 1955 model.  This is a three wheel cabin sccoter. The unique design features a full monocoque FRP body mounted on a motorcycle.

Toyopet Crown Model RS41. 1963 Model. Pioeneering Japan's luxury car market.





Hybrid. Toyota Prius
 The latest from Toyota... Toyota 86.
The cost is 2,700,000 yen. Divide niyo na lng into 2 if you want to convert sa Philippine peso



So that's the end of the tour in Nagoya. I had a great time thanks to my hosts Toshiko san and her husband. 

At the train station while waiting for the bullet train to Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment