Thursday, May 10, 2012

Nagashima Spa Land/Nagoya


Full bloom of Sakuras at Hamanako Lake


I stayed in Arashiyama, Kyoto for one night only, after which I packed all my bags and headed north towards Nagoya area, where my Aunt lives. I took advantage of the Seishun Juhachi Kippu Pass or the "Youthful 18 Ticket". This gives pass gives you 5 days (need not to  be consecutive)  of  unlimited  travel on local and rapid Japan Railways trains, and take note this is nationwide! This is a cheaper alternative to the more expensive JR Pass(28,000 yen -7 days consecutive use) which allows you to use the Shinkansen or the bullet train. One obvious disadvantage in using the Kippuspass, is the longer travel period. 
Some Japanese use mask every time they use public transport, so ako naki uso na din. Prevention is better than cure!
My aunt with my super cute pamangkins met me at the train station

Light snacks before shopping for dinner
Dinner options

Another choice
The following day, we prepared early for our trip to Nagashima Spa Land. It is a major amusement park in Mie Prefecture and has many roller coasters, gigantic Ferris wheel, and a water park.

We made a brief stop at Hamanako Lake area for breakfast. 

We strolled at the park near the restaurant.

with Aunt and her daughter 

Look we have a little souvenir!

My pamangkins enjoyed the whole place. I only tried a few rides because I already felt dizzy hahaha. 

With Robbie the Rabbit...the mascot of Nagashima
Space shuttle. I did not try this one. 

One of the Roller Coaster inside the amusement park
We tried the mini viking.


Beautiful flowers inside the park

Red Dragon

No comments:

Post a Comment