Thursday, January 26, 2012

Getting Korean Tourist Visa for Students: A Guide



After two weeks of waiting, the travel agency called me today informing me that my Passport is already back with an approved Korean tourist visa. 

If you are located here in Iloilo City, I highly recommend that you use the Services of ELS Travel and Tours. The staff are really nice and helpful. Based on my assessment, they are well experienced when it comes to Visa assistance. 

I paid them 1500 pesos for the Visa Assistance.

ELS Travel and Tours is located in downtown Iloilo across UNITOP.
My first ever Korean visa. D2 category is for students. I studied in South Korea for  one year as an exchange student
My First Korean Tourist Visa. I was allowed to stay in Korea for 15 days. 


Now they allowed me to stay in Korea for 59 days. I was actually hoping that they will issue me multiple entry visa valid for three years. But it's better than getting none at all. My passport will expire next year, this is probably the reason why they did not give me Multiple entry visa.




Here are the requirements that I submitted to the travel agency:

1. Complete application form with passport size picture (white background and with collar)
2. Certificate of Enrollment (Original copy)
3. Photocopy of my school I. D.
4. Affidavit of Support from Parents (original)
5. Bank Certificate of Parents (original)
6.Marriage Contract of My Parents(photocopy)
7. My Bank Certificate(original)
8. Photocopy of my Visas from Korea and Japan 


With regards to the show money. There is really no required amount. The embassy wants to make sure that you have enough fund for your trip.


In the application form, there is a question there regarding the number of days that you want to stay in Korea. Well for me the lesser number of days you put there the lesser amount of money is required of you.


My completed application form. The Korean Embassy used to require typewritten application form. It is important that you do not leave any entry blank. 




For students,I recommend that you ask the help of a travel agency. This will save you time and the hassle of going to the embassy.




No comments:

Post a Comment