Monday, May 7, 2012

Japan Trip Day 02: Amazing Arashiyama!





At around 7 am I was ready to leave my hotel in Kobe. Diana-san, my tour guide picked me at the hotel. Along with my huge bags, we walked towards the train station. Good thing my hotel was really close to the station. But before taking the train to Kyoto, we had coffee first to energize us.




with my huge luggage. 

It was really cold when we arrived at Kyoto.
We met the other friends of Diana-san
We took the subway from Kyoto station to Heian Shrine, our first destination. 
Giant Torii  gate marks the approach to the shrine. From the subway station we walked for ten minutes before reaching the shrine. Good thing there are coin lockers available at the station. I left my luggage there.
The shrine's main entrance. This place is very popular among tourists

Nice ang pagka orange.
Me at the entrance of the shrine
After exploring the place, we headed towards Arashiyama. We took the cab, which mas very mahal. But before heading to Arashiyama we told the cab driver to make a brief stop at the station to get my luggage.

Little info about Arashiyama...

It is located in the western outskirts of Kyoto and particularly popular during the cherry blossom and fall. This place is most attractive and really busy around early April and November, during the peak of cherry blossom and fall. So if you want to take photos of the places without capturing the heads of the people, I advise you to visit the place early before the shops open, before 9 am.

At Arashiyama, we had our lunch at Ryotei Rangetsu, a Ryokan or Japanese-style hotel. I love the presentation of the food. It was so colorful that it makes you not want to eat it. The service was also superb. 

Fish, vegetables, fruits. So healthy!

So colorful 

Fish eggs.


with my guides in Kyoto

Nice ambiance 
Rickshaw, popular among tourists
This place has really good service.

At the entrance of the hotel

Little walk after lunch

The shops packed with tourists 

 After our sumptuous lunch we explored the establishments near the restaurant. However it was cut short because of the rain. Before heading to our next destination, the group decided to eat again in a coffee shop.
Variety of Bread
Sakura cake! 

Hot coffee for the rainy weather
When the rain stopped we immediately headed to our next destination... the Romantic Train or the Sagano Scenic Railway.  The trains being used here are old fashioned, and it passes through mountains at a slow pace. It gives passengers a nice view.
OLD fashion train


The officer gave me his hat.. so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment