Saturday, May 19, 2012

Tokyo: Shibuya, Sky Tree, Tokyo Station, Sea Side Top



From Nagoya to Tokyo it took about an hour and a half only, thanks to the super fast Nozomi bullet train (runs at about 300 km/h) . It was was my first time to use Nozomi and in the the past I would only use Hikari (the second fastest bullet train, runs at about 270 km/h) and Kodama. This was due to the limitation of the Japan Rail Pass.

It was ten minutes past 9pm when I arrived Tokyo Station, and as always  the place was packed with lots of people. They came from every direction! If you are not used to it you will definitely have a headache. It took me a while before I figured out how to go to Asakusa.

I did not have a host in Tokyo so I decided to stay in a hostel, and the cheapest that I found was Kawase capsule hotel. The rate was around 1300 yen a night. I highly suggest that you do your booking online because the rate is cheaper when compared with the walk in rate.
Flight attendant? hahaha
Looks like an airplane inside.


Haggard look after a day tour of Nagoya City. Very comfy seat 

You can charge your gadgets while inside the train
Tokyo Station is the second largest station in Japan.  
The one on top was my capsule.  Inside there's a TV, lamps, power socket, and clock. 


Kawase capsule hotel may not have the best facilities, but when it comes to location I  give it 5 stars. One minute walk from the subway station, and 5 minutes walk going to the must see spots such as the Sumida River, Tokyo Sky Tree, Sensoji temple, and Nakamise (one of the oldest shopping centers in Japan).

I enjoyed the full bloom view of the cherry blossoms around the Sumida River area.  The place was packed with lots of people, some were under the Sakura trees having a picnic with friends, while others were busy taking pictures of the Sky Tree.

Beautiful sakuras lining the Sumida river park

Japanese and tourists taking photos of Tokyo's Newest landmark ... THE TOKYO SKY TREE

Picnic under the Sakuras. If in the future I go back to Japan with friends/ family, I might try this.
Everyone talaga takes photo of the Sky Tree, and every time trains pass by the area nag so slow down to let the people see and appreciate Sky tree's beauty.
Too bad when I went there Tokyo Sky Tree was not still open to the public

ayan may train na dumadaan... slow motion lang siya.
Futuristic ang design ng boat na to mukhang spaceship

That day I did not have a concrete itinerary. It was already my fourth visit in Tokyo and I've been to most of the must see places. Then I remember that I have never seen the Tokyo Station from the outside. When I went there it was being restored kaya medyo gumadanda ng ang look. 

Marunouchi Central Exit. Oh diba parang nasa Europe ka lang.


Side view of the Tokyo Station. 

Because the is Tokyo's business district, most of the people were on business look.

Ayan busy PED Xing and puros black talaga. 

Di pa natatapos ang renovation
Sky rise buildings near the train station



I decided to explore the areas near the train station. I was surprised to see a park in the middle of the tall buildings. I stayed there and took photos of interesting stuff.


The mini park in the middle of Tokyo's business district. Pag busy ang mga office workers tambay lang sila dito.
Usap- usap lng.

Eto si Kuya halatang nagmamadali

Buti pa siya pa chill chill lng 
Like ko ang Helloy Kitty na bus na ito
After getting bored I decided to catch the sunset at the World Trade Center or the so called Sea Side Top. That place gives you a good 360 degrees view of Tokyo. From there you can see Tokyo's landmarks such as the Tokyo Tower, and the Sky Tree. 




Masyado akong na excited to see the sunset, nakarating ako sa area around 4pm. So inenjoy ko na lng ang view ng city. Nasa 40th floor ako ng World Trade Center.


Train lines



Parang ang liit lng ng mga buildings
While waiting for the sun to set, I roamed around the Observatory. For me it was the best spot in Tokyo to relax and unwind. The interiors were beautifully designed, comfortable couches were everywhere, and the place also played relaxing music. For lovers, there were couple chairs provided. 

Nice ang feeling na you get to see everything below.

The comfortable couches facing the huge glass window

Effort make take ng picture if you are alone

This area is famous for lovers... it gives you a good view of the Tokyo Tower
Finally the moment that I have been waiting for... the sunset. 
Super love ko talaga yung sunset.. ang ganda ng gold effect sa mga buildings

Tokyo Tower.. di siya ganon ka ganda pag day time... wait na lng pag nag light up na

Tokyo Sky Tree...sayang di ito makikita at night kasi not yet open pa.

May Golden glow ang mga buildings


Ayan super beautiful na ang sky... orange na organge
Ayan diba more beautiful na ang buong Tokyo... I love City lights!

More night pictures of Tokyo...








Then I headed to Shibuya to take photos of the World's Busiest Crossing. I was trying to find the perfect area to take photos of people crossing the crossing, then I found Starbucks. I decided to stay there for a while. 

People waiting for the Green light to turn on


This place is also very lively at night. You can find many shops, restaurants, and bars

Starbucks facing the crossing. Ayan busy busyhan lng sa pag cross ang mga tao

I decided to buy coffee kahit hindi ako mahilig mag starbucks, just to get a  good photo


at least now hindi puros naka black ang nakikita ko

My view from the second floor of Starbucks Shibuya
Ayan nag co cross na sila. Pero promise mas busy to pag rush hour. I took this photo around 9pm na

No comments:

Post a Comment