Monday, February 13, 2012

The Red Party Preparations

I love organizing house parties because it brings out my creative side. The latest that I did was the RED Party.I had a week to prepare for this, and I was very thankful that the schedule of the party was not in conflict with school matters. I have to thank my friends and classmates for their support in making that event possible.

I want each house party that I organize to be unique as much as possible. I do not want to repeat techniques. So this year was a bit of a challenge because I have thrown  house parties several times already. I also feel that this year will be the last time that I will be hosting a houseparty because I can foresee a very busy schedule next year, so this should be the best.


The Preparation

VENUE: My place


Original state of the walls

Black cloth was used to cover the walls. Red cloth for the sofa

I Removed the TV set and put up a " DJ's booth"
After the renovation. On the left you can see the DJ's booth while on the right side is intended for the "bartender"

I also covered the ceiling with black garbage bags and attached stars 

The bar area.

The ceiling studded with stars

To complete the disco effect, I borrowed mini disco lights from a friend.

The DJ's area with an extended LCD monitor

The girl holding the letter D, was the one who made this. 

My friends making stars
Raw materials for the bar tenders

The bartenders. They are the reason why everyone had no inhibitions that night. Super nice drinks.

Photo corner
It took me four days before I was able to finished the transformation of the house. After everything was final, I sealed the place with Manila paper. So during dinner time, the guests did not have any clue what was hidden inside.


After dinner lights were switched off, and guests were asked to gather around the sealed area. They were then given Glow sticks. I went inside of the covered area and told the visitors to do a countdown from 10 to 0 and after which they opened the seal.

I must say that it was the best house party that I ever organized. I successfully transformed our living area into a bar and everyone enjoyed the whole experience. Save the best for last.



No comments:

Post a Comment