Friday, January 20, 2012

Fireworks Photography Feat. Dinagyang Pyrolympics Competition ‘12


This was my first time to take photos of Fireworks using a point and shoot camera and I am quite satisfied with the results. I used a Kodak camera with a Schneider Kreuznach lens.

I  took these photos during the first two days of the Dinagyang Pyrolympics Competition.  I used a tripod to minimize movement, but it was unavoidable due to last minute adjustments  to make sure that everything is included in the frame.


"The Dinagyang is a religious and cultural festival in Iloilo CityPhilippines held on the fourth Sunday of January, or right after the Sinulog In Cebu and the Ati-Atihan in Aklan. It is held both to honor the Santo Niño and to celebrate the arrival on Panay of Malay settlers and the subsequent selling of the island to them by the Atis."-Wikipedia.






Got lucky with my first shot.

Took this picture on the first day of the competition. I was not able to bring my tripod so the picture is a bit blurry
Photo taken during the second day of the Competition. This time I was more prepared. I brought my tripod with me.



Coconut


Sea Creatures


Stars












Meteor Shower

2 comments:

  1. You have some real winners here. It is not always easy to take fireworks pictures. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! I agree it is not that easy to take photos of Fireworks

    ReplyDelete