Monday, August 19, 2013

Kyoto on a Budget: K's House Backpackers Hostel

One of the famous spots in Kyoto...the Golden Pavillion
After having a great time in Tokyo, I went back to Kyoto to spend a night before heading back to Osaka for my flight back to Manila.

I haven been to Kyoto in the past but I have never been to the "must see" spots. As much as possible I try  to avoid touristy spots. But Kyoto is Kyoto, one of the top tourist destination in the whole of Japan so expect tourist everywhere.

The first time I was here  I arrived night time and I was not able to locate my hostel so I ended up sleeping at the train station.

This time around I was able to locate it.
K's House Kyoto
This hostel is only 10 minutes walk from JR Kyoto station. It offers a variety of rooms types, with cozy lounges, fully equipped guest kitchens and outdoor patios.

K's House Kyoto has received various awards from agencies such as Hostelworld and Trip Advisor this 2013.

Rate
Dormitory Room (4-8 people)        From 2,300 yen /1041 PHP
Twin/Double/Triple room              From 2,900 yen / 1300 PHP
Double ensuite room                      From 3,900 yen / 1760 PHP
Single room                                  From 3,500 yen /1583 PHP

Main entrance
Modern design building

Receiving area with the friendly staff ready to assist you anytime
Common area where guests can interact with each other

 I can stay here all day

So cute!
I want my living room to like this.


Area for smokers

Fully equipped Kitchen. 

More kitchen stuff
In Japan they area very strict with time. Since I arrived too early for the check in time, I had to wait at the common area



Japan's High tech toilet


Four persons in one room. They have separate dorm for the females. Each occupant is also given a key





Kyoto tower can be seen from the rooftop. 
View from the rooftop




























I made the right decision in choosing this hostel, though it is more expensive than the other hostels around the area. This place is well maintained and has a nice interior design. The staff are English speaking and very helpful. There's also free WIFI so you get to update your friends online while you are in Kyoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment